Thursday, January 10, 2008

Camp tips for Happy Fantasy Camping.......

I've been asked,
"Smitty, I'm a Rookie Camper
What do I need to know?"

First off....
Have fun!!
  • Bring Memorabilia that you would like signed
  • The camp uses metal bats, you can bring your own.
    And "Yes!", you can bring wood. I broke one bat
    and had it signed and gave it to a friend of mine. Cool Gift!
  • Get to know your coaches
  • There are refrigerators in the hotel room
  • Breakfast spot and Jamba Juice across the street
    from the hotel.

  • I like to bring my own bottled water to the field.
  • Players are very approachable...except in the shower.
  • Don't forget to tip the locker room attendant and
    the training staff. They are your best friends! Trust me!

  • Put your number and initials on all your clothes,
    gear and uniform. I lost a pair of expensive
    Under Armour pants last year.
Cubs Roster from the Day.....

Larry Biitner
Willie Wilson and Larry Biitner
listening to the many morning stories.

Carmen was the Second baseman for
one of Kenny Holtzman's No Hitter's.
and is an incredible Flugelhorn and
Horn Player!
Great Guy and in Super Shape!
Carmen runs the fields every evening
after the camp games
and is known to play the horn at
local bar during camp week.
Picture of Carmen while he
was running!

And of course there may be two of
the greatest Cubs Talents at the
the 2008 Camp!
Stay tuned for more 08 Camp News.

1 comment:

P A Smith said...

Thank you for the positive feedback.

You never know what my mind will think up next....your guaranteed a picture or two.